Monday, August 22, 2011

Bonjour, Je m'appelle Morgana

Hi,

I would like to introduce myself. My name is Morgana and I’ll be posting on this blog from now on. I have a very interesting background because my Bachelor degree is in Philosophy but I have taken every neuroscience class available to me at my alma mater, Centenary (the only college in Louisiana with a neuroscience program, which is why I originally chose it). Because of this eclectic course load I have a unique perspective and unique qualifications for this job. The recent breakthroughs in neuroscience give us deeper and deeper insight into the physiological actions of the brain, and therefore the metaphysical mind. If we can figure out what makes us tick as humans through studies of the brain (our own personal computer system that runs our body) we should be able to figure out if god is a figment of our minds or perhaps something more. Philosophy gives us the ability to reason through arguments for and against the existence of god, and really any argument at all. Please continue to read and stay abreast of our progress as new things are discovered in neuroscience, making things clearer and more interesting in philosophy all the time!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome Morgana!
    I am overjoyed to have you along for the ride! I know your posts over the following weeks, months, and hopefully years will be deeply engaging. I look forward to hearing from you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you are contributing to a blog, Morgana, I will definitely be following your posts!

    -nadine

    ReplyDelete