Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Example of Mormonism

Over the past few years, I have spent time researching around 36 world religions. During my examination I honestly searched for evidence for and against each one to determine whether or not their claims were true. I learned about each religions from members of each respective religion (instead of asking a Christian about Islam, I went to Islamic meetings, read the Qur'an, and researched Islamic websites). Throughout the search, attempted to apply the same criteria to all belief systems fairly.

One religion in particular had a lasting effect on me- Mormonism. Out of all the religions I examined, Mormonism was the most obviously false. It was so obviously wrong that whenever I spoke with Mormons and observed their blind attachement it broke my heart. Over the next few blog posts I will be sharing the evidence that led me to my conclusion.
Note: I am not seeking to persecute Mormons with this series of posts. I would love it if any Mormons out there could point out my errors, apply the same scrutiny I am using on Mormonism to me, or would at least have an open mind to what I have to say- because I will have an open mind to the things Mormons (or any others) have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment